Your self-build in safe hands…
Specialising in beautiful bespoke timber homes, Frame Technologies is at the forefront of innovation in timber frame construction. Our extremely experienced team works closely with you at every stage, to turn your dream home into a reality.
We follow best practice and were the first company to achieve Gold status for the Structural Timber Association’s (STA) membership and quality standards scheme, STA Assure.
We have an extensive product portfolio of structural timber systems that exceed Building Regulations, to provide energy-efficient and stylish homes to meet your exact design specification. Whether you’re looking to make the frame a feature, incorporate a balcony or build to Passivhaus standard, we can help.
We pride ourselves on being able to provide a solution for even the most complex design challenges. Our motto is, ‘if it can be drawn, it can be built!’
Working in Harmony
Frame Technologies’ services span across timber frame, timber technology, energy efficiency, technical processes and technical support.
Joining multiple aspects of your build programme ensures everything works in harmony, so with this in mind we can also offer a package management option in some locations, working with our build partners to include foundations, external watertight shells and full airtightness packages. This allows for value engineering and can lead to multiple benefits including improved thermal performance.
All of our timber components are manufactured in a precision-controlled factory environment. This improves project efficiency, minimises waste and makes work on site quicker and safer.
Our main offering includes:
- Wide-ranging timber frame solutions, from full supply and erect to supply only packages
- Breathable closed panel systems that improve thermal bridging and minimise air leakage, ensuring excellent thermal performance and energy-efficiency
- Designs that meet and exceed Building Regulations, as well as specifications from architects and self-builders
- A fabric-first approach that creates thermally-efficient building envelopes and delivers up to Passivhaus standards, if the brief demands
- Options for your timber components to be enhanced with additional insulating materials
- Technological manufacture of FSC® and/or PEFC certified sustainable timber components that achieve environmental best practice
- Factory-fitted insulation that has the capability to achieve the best possible ratings for homes, including Passivhaus
- Insulation solutions that achieve U-values between 0.30 and less than 0.09 W/m2K
- Timber frame drawings and structural calculations for submission to your Local Authority
- Soleplates and floor components, external and internal panels, sheathing board and breather membrane options, roof components and erection procedures
- Foundations, external watertight shells and full airtightness packages, if desired
- Constant technical support throughout your build process and beyond
- One point of contact throughout
Every project of ours is bespoke, so if you’re interested in something that isn’t listed above, just get in touch.
We can work with you from preliminary drawings, right through to completion of the house – and we’re proud to have many repeat customers. If you would like to know more about the process of working with us, visit the Self-Build page for a breakdown of how it works, from the first contact to the finished product.